Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Throughout my 19 years of life, I've met people from all walks of life. And it is the people that I have met and mingled with that are responsible for shaping and moulding me, in which, has made me who I am today.

Two thousand ten was the year that opened me up to the many things I had not seen before me for the past, well, many years. I learnt to love and to be loved, to appreciate and to be appreciated, and to give and take. I took it all for granted – Money, attention, admiration, you name it. Everything was so easily available for me that I never thought of the blood, sweat and tears that were shed of all the materialism that was being given and exposed to me at such a young age. Then again, it was before, not now. I would like to take this opportunity to give thanks and to show my appreciation to a selected few who have changed the way I think, act and perceive.

Daddy

  • A man whose greatness as a father overwhelms his eldest son
  • A man who has done things that has touched people around him with little knowledge that he did
  • A man his eldest son looks up to, idolises, and is a role model to him
  • A man who goes the extra mile to ensure the safety and security of his family
  • A man who never, never fails to impress me

Despite his hectic schedules, work and the hours he spent working overseas, I never felt alone. Mom was always talking about him, telling us stories of what made mom so attached to him. All in all, dad showed me a lot of things.

I love you dad, if it was not for you and your principles, I wouldn't be what I am today. I remember mom telling me how you used to sing Everything I do I do it for you by Bryan Adams. I think of you every time I hear that song, and I mean every time, and without fail. You're the best dad in the world!

I dedicate the song back to you dad, Everything I do, I do it for you.


 

Mommy

  • A woman who has singlehandedly raised three boys
  • A woman whose dreams are big, broad and endless
  • A woman so fond of books that I think her brain expanded by 10%, hehe..

Mom has always been my pillar of support, ever since I was a kid. Mom showed no biasness when it comes to treating her children, and she treats her children fair and equal. She sent us to many classes in the past, just to make sure that our talents are being surfaced.

Mom, you've done so much for us. You've always been supportive and helpful. I enjoyed all the conversations we had in the Philippines. The trip was memorable, and please don't tease me with the fonz and what not lar.. Haha.. My mom's quite a naughty girl too!


 

Brothers

I've spent all my life growing up with 2 younger brothers. We start off by quarrelling while we were young, to punching and wrestling whilst approaching puberty, and what do we do now? We talk. We laugh and giggle at the things we do when we were young. Here's a list of the silly things we did in the past:

  1. We made the drain in front of our house an 'Aeroplane'
  2. Climbed trees and made it our 'Operating Base'
  3. Washed cars with dad which eventually turned into a shower – we were running around naked I think?
  4. Played with mom's lipstick [ Sam actually ate the lipstick? ] *Please LOL here*
  5. Dressed up a Winnie the Pooh Bear the size of a 4 year old kid with Mom's undergarments! Hahahahahahha!!!!
  6. Threw wet tissues to the ceiling of the toilets – it remained there for years
  7. Urinated on one of our old housemaid's bed – which we felt bad
  8. Burned small flowers thinking that it will pop like a firecracker *Ps, it was my neighbour's bright idea*
  9. Played table tennis on a piano chair
  10. Spent hours loitering in an abandoned lorry

Heheh, sweet memories. Though I rarely get home early enough to see my brothers, they will always be my brothers. We're growing up now. Maybe this less-seeing-one-another life prepares us for life in the future eh? In short, I love you my brothers!


 

Eunice

Mmm.. Life in 2010 couldn't get any better without you. It has been a rollercoaster ride, the kind that goes up and up, and up, without ever coming down!

Here's what I like about her. She's smart, very intellectual, hard working and respects her parents like no other. She's by a mile, the most matured person I have ever met of her age. She amazes me to an extent where I told myself 'Hey, I think she's more matured than I am!' Yeah, I really did. She may seem like a happy-go-lucky, cute, adorable young girl, but that's not what won me over. She gave me a better insight of what life has to offer, and has constantly been supportive of the decisions that I make.

Hun, I may have not seen the many bold characteristics that you possess in the past, but I believe what happened between us back then gave us this opportunity to make it up to one another. I never expected things to go this way.. Heh.. It took us both, and the people revolving around us by surprise!

Anyhow, 2010 has been a blast. And I look forward to what the future has in mind for us. Teehee! *Hugs!*

I dedicate these 2 songs to you, 你不知道的事 by 王力宏, and
How do I live by LeAnn Rimes. Love youuu!


 

Well, to everyone else not mentioned here, and to everyone that I have, I'd like to dedicate this song Couldn't Ask For More, by Edwin McCain, for each and every one of you had at least mould or chipped me.


 

2 comments:

  1. Young man, thank you so much for writing this. We're very very proud of you, and your brothers. I'm sure your grandparents would've been proud of you too.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I guess the undergarments were size XXXL huh? Clean ones or not????

    ReplyDelete